Storytelling is very important to perpetuating the traditions of Native American Indians everywhere. So, in addition to our extensive Native American Indian pottery, jewelry and Southwest rug collection, we carry a selection of books that tells the story—the history and cultural and spiritual significance—of Native American Indian art.
Native American Art Books at Palms Trading Company
Palms Trading Company features books that give a better insight in to a particular artist or contributes to the understanding of Native American art. We stock reference books and biographies from some of the most respected experts and collectors in their respective fields, which includes Palms Trading Company‘s owner, Guy Berger.
Popular book titles include:
- Pueblo and Navajo Contemporary Pottery and Directory of Artists by Guy Berger and Nancy Schiffer
- Pueblo and Native Contemporary Pottery and Directory of Artists: the Revised and Expanded 2nd Edition by Guy Berger and Nancy Schiffer
- 1,600 Artist Biographies by Gregory and Angie Yan Schaaf.
- Mata Ortiz Pottery Today by Guy Berger
- The Many Faces of Mata Ortiz by Susan Lowell, et al.
If you have a question about our current inventory, please contact us for more information.
More Native American Indian Art Resources at Palms Trading Company
In addition to our American Indian art books, our knowledgeable staff is an excellent resource for information about all kinds of Native American art. If you have a question, just ask! We’ll be happy to share our expertise with you so that you can more fully enjoy the magic of Southwest art.
If you need help finding the perfect piece for you or for a gift, our personal shopper service is another free resource. Contact us to tell us what you’re looking for, and we’ll hunt through our entire collection to find something that fits the bill.